Why Six Sigma Certification
In today’s competitive business environment, Six Sigma has become a widespread application for business process excellence aiming at increasing the profit, increasing the market share, and also used to remove the causes of defects and errors in organization’s business operations including manufacturing and/or service operations including other support processes. Lean methodology is a supportive system of six sigma which focuses on operating philosophies to make only what you need, never produce a defect or pass a defect on, eliminate waste, and focus on cycle time reduction which results in cost reduction.
Six Sigma methodology includes a set of process improvement and quality management methods with in-built statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization ("Green Belts, Black Belts, Master Black Belts" etc.) who are experts in these methods. Globally, all the implemented Six Sigma projects have yielded tremendous improvement in business processes and yielded remarkable savings.
With six sigma and lean six sigma in place, organizations can enjoy increased revenue through improved customer satisfaction, waste elimination, reduced costs of poor quality and decreased cycle times resulting in maximization of shareholder value.Six Sigma follows a unique methodology DMAIC in achieving the expected results.
Six Sigma Training is one of the most important elements of building unique organization's culture for achieving the expected results on a continual basis. Six Sigma benefits all levels of the organizational members.
- To understand Six Sigma & DMAIC methodology, tools & techniques, and Lean components
- To understand the concepts such as VOC, VOB & VOP and other advanced tools
- To clearly understand the effective use of tools in six sigma projects implementation
- To understand roles & responsibilities in successful deployment of Lean & six sigma projects
- To enhance the skills and proficiency of the six sigma practitioners to train and guide juniors
The course is designed in such a way that any person with one or two years of working experience would understand the fundamental principles of the Six Sigma Methodology. Knowledge of Statistical techniques and use of software such as Mini tab will be desirable.
Who should attend ?
- Individuals who have completed the Green Belt Certification of Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma and are engaged in doing Improvement Projects
- Working Executives wishing to become Six Sigma Experts (e.g. QA Engineers, Project Managers, Team leaders, Software Professionals, Practitioners, Software QA team members and Senior Management)
- Professionals involved in research, innovations or consulting in process improvement practices
- Management and Engineering Students desirous to be more resourceful in enhancing the proficiency of Six Sigma project implementation
- History of Six Sigma and lean improvement methodology
- Define Phase :
- VOC to CTQ
- COPQ, Yield, Project Charter
- Stakeholder Analysis, Pareto Analysis
- Elements of Waste
- Measure Phase :
- Cause & Effect Analysis
- SIPOC, FMEA, Measurement System Analysis
- Value Stream Mapping
- Analyze Phase :
- Hypothesis testing
- Improve Phase :
- Correlation, Regression
- Control Phase:
- Mistake Proofing
- Control Plan
- Dash Board
- Practice Projects
- Written Examination
- End of course
Certificate of attendance shall be issued to all the delegates attending entire duration of the training course.
8 Days in two phases with 4 days in each phase (Spread over one month with a gap of at least two weeks between them)