OHSAS 18001 is a globally recognized occupational health and safety management system standard. It defines the system for an organization related to health and safety of the employees and stake holders. The standard considers ‘prevention’ as an approach towards health & safety of employees.
This management system based on OHSAS 18001 can be integrated other managements systems such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. This is a preferred approach by management so as to take care of the risks related to product, environment and employees.
Some of the benefits that can be achieved are : reduction in the number of accidents and interruptions in production due to better control over hazards at the workplace, focus on employee safety results in a satisfied, motivated and highly productive work force, legal compliance with minimal administrative effort, improves company image and boosts international competitiveness, demonstrates an innovative and forward thinking approach and reduction in insurance costs.
TUV India Training Academy provides various training programs to achieve the required knowledge & skills among the organization’s employees to achieve its goal of implementing occupational health & safety management system & its integration with other management systems.
The following training courses may be useful :
- Awareness training programs for senior management teams to drive the implementation of Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Awareness training programs for the employees at all levels to develop understanding of the requirements of OHSAS 18001 useful for implementation
- Internal Auditor training programs to develop a team of internal auditors
- Training for integration of OHS management systems in to other management systems
- CQI/IRCA registered Auditor/Lead Auditor training courses for developing team of competent Internal/external lead auditors