ISO 45001 is an International Standard that specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, with guidance for its use, to enable an organization to proactively improve its OH&S performance in preventing injury and ill-health.
ISO 45001 is intended to be applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and nature. All of its requirements are intended to be integrated into an organization’s own management processes.
ISO 45001 enables an organization, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing ; however, it should be noted that an organization can be required by applicable legal requirements to also address such issues.
The benefits that can be derived by successful implementation of a ISO 45001-based OH & S Management System are :
- improving organization’s ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- reducing the overall costs of incidents
- reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
- reducing the cost of insurance premiums
- reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
- recognition for having achieved an international benchmark (which may in turn influence customers who are concerned about their social responsibilities)
TUV India Training Academy provides various training programs to achieve the required knowledge & skills among the organization’s employees to achieve its goal of implementing occupational health & safety management system & its integration with other management systems
The following training courses may be useful :
- Awareness training programs for senior management teams to drive the implementation of Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- Awareness training programs for the employees at all levels to develop understanding of the requirements of ISO 45001 useful for implementation.
- Implementation training programs to develop core team responsible for implementing Occupational Health & Safety Management System across the company
- Internal Auditor training programs to develop a team of internal auditors
- Training for integration of OH & S management systems in to other management systems.
- CQI/IRCA registered Auditor/Lead Auditor training courses for developing team of competent Internal/external lead auditors
- CQI/IRCA registered Auditor/Lead Auditor migration training courses for migrating from OHSAS 18001 qualified Lead Auditors