The Ecovadis rating covers a broad range of non-financial management systems including Environmental, Labour & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement impacts. Each company is rated on the material issues as they pertain to their company's size, location and industry.
These evidence-based assessments are refined into easy to read scorecards, providing scores from zero to one hundred (0-100), and medals (bronze, silver, gold), where applicable. Additionally, the scorecards guide strengths and improvement areas, which the rated companies may use to focus their sustainability efforts and develop corrective action plans to improve their sustainability performance.
To drive global supply chain sustainability, large multinational corporations partner with Ecovadis,
leveraging the influence of spending as a "force for good" to push trading partners beyond compliance. The rated company can see how their score compares to the benchmark in their industry. Combining the scorecard results with improvement areas results in a "race to the top," in which the industries compete to achieve global best practice.
What Is Assessed?
Ethical, environmental, labour and human rights risks are critical issues for trading partners of all sizes, industries and locations. As a result, large purchasing organizations are implementing sustainable procurement to realize these key benefits: reduce risk of supply chain disruption, protect company reputation and brands, lower costs through collaborative actions, facilitate access to capital and increase valuation, and provide a market advantage when consumers demand a sustainable and responsible supply chain.
Why Adopt Ecovadis?
- Improve Performance, Drive Impact: The supply chain is the most powerful lever for sustainability impact. 64% of assessed companies improve their performance on second assessment.
- Save Costs and Time: Say goodbye to questionnaire fatigue. Companies get assessed once and share everywhere. Procurement teams save 80% in costs vs. standard programs.
- Build Brand, Drive Innovation: Leading companies are working with high performing trading partners to develop new sustainable products and revenue opportunities.
Benefits For The Rated Companies:
- Understand your company's sustainability performance with ratings on four themes (Environment, Labour & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement), including details of relevant strengths and improvement areas.
- Compare your company's sustainability performance against industry and regional benchmarks.
- Share your company's sustainability performance with multiple trading partners through the Ecovadis platform and instantly update your network of any corrective actions and reassessment.
- Take action on improvement areas and collaborate with your trading partners using the Corrective Action Plan feature.
- Embark on a continuous improvement journey with annual reassessments of your company's sustainability performance.
The objective of the EcoVadis methodology is to measure the quality of a company’s sustainability management system through its policies, actions and results.
The assessment focuses on 21 sustainability criteria that are grouped into four themes: Environment, Labour & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement. These criteria are based on international sustainability standards such as the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact, the International Labour Organization (ILO) conventions, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, the ISO 26000 standard, the CERES Roadmap, and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, also known as the Ruggie Framework. During your company's assessment, our sustainability analysts consider only the criteria which are relevant to your company’s size, industry and location. They will take into account the information provided in your company's questionnaire and the attached supporting documents.
Ecovadis Assessment Process:
- Offer from TUV India based on the information provided
- Understanding the scope, boundary of EcoVadis assessment
- Desk Review of EcoVadis assessment and KPI's
- Site visit, Interviews, Data verification and Identification of Questionnaire
- Evaluation and resolution of issues (Gap Analysis) and application level check
- Issuance of final report to management
- Submission of response to EcoVadis
Role of TUV India Pvt. Ltd.:
TUV India Pvt. Ltd. helps you asses the required, fulfil the Ecovadis requirement, does a GAP analysis of what is present in your organization and what is required for a better score, guides you with steps that increase your score and eventually makes you submit a response to maximize your score as compared to what you would rather get.
Our Know-How For Your Success:
TUV India Pvt. Ltd. has carried out extensive projects on Sustainability Assessment and is closely associated with several projects including GRI, Integrated Reporting, ISO26000, Stakeholder Engagement, Materiality Assessment, Ecovadis, Carbon Footprint, etc. The know-how of TUV India is renowned in this sector. We help our clients maximize their Ecovadis score through our expertise and knowledge.