What Is Social Responsibility?
- The term social responsibility in a larger context guides organization to achieve its goals by taking into account the reasonable expectations of its stakeholders in a sustainable manner.
- An Organization’s activities and decisions affect the society and environment in a larger lens. Scrutinizing and managing activities for organizational governance and healthy environment would have a positive impact of organization towards sustainability. CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) mitigates the risks taking into considering the social and environmental sphere of the organization.
- Social Responsibility Assessment provides a holistic approach towards key segments such as synergistic – governance, human rights, labour, environment, business practices, consumer and community.
Advantages of Social Responsibility:
- Better brand recognition
- Positive business reputation
- Increased sales and customer loyalty
- Operational costs savings
- Better financial performance
- Greater ability to attract talent and retain staff
- Organizational growth
- Easier access to capital
Advantages of Social Responsibility Assessment:
- Guides organizations on ways and means of engaging stakeholders, identifying and addressing their concerns, developing the roadmap to address their concerns.
- Increase stakeholder / customer confidence & satisfaction by promoting inclusive, cohesive and efficient approach to corporate reporting.
- Helps to percolate the messages of top management, through policies and business strategies in a transparent manner.
- Reflection of the organization’s activities for positive social and environmental impacts towards sustainable future.
- Reduced risk and increased value. The role of assurance is reducing data quality risks.
- Strengthened internal reporting and management systems. External assurance can help confirm that internal systems and controls are robust, and can recommend any necessary improvements.
Our Service for Corporate Social Responsibility Assessment:
Experts at TUV India Private Limited will help you:
- To scrutinize the policies and goals of the organization and develop sustainability objectives.
- In developing a systematic mechanism to undertake the stakeholder engagement, identify their concerns and provide inputs to address concerns.
- Assessing performance inline to the laws, norms, standards, policies and voluntary initiatives.
- Demonstrating the reach of organization leading to enhanced reputation of organization amongst its stakeholders, improved brand value, and enriched competitiveness by strengthening market position.
The relevant detailed data has to be submitted to TUV India. After scrutinizing the data organizational goals towards sustainability would be assessed followed by final documentation. The Certificate would be issued by TUV India based on the performance indices of the organization.
- Acceptance of the proposal with agreed methodology.
- Submission of data as requested after signing the contract.
- Evaluation of documentation by TUV India & release of desk review and onsite assessment report with gap analysis.
- Submission of final documentation along with corrections / additional clarifications as applicable.
- Final Evaluation of documentation and recommendation to Final Approver of TUV India.
- Award of Certification by TUV India.
We will conduct your Social Responsibility Assessment according to the ISO 26000 Guidelines. The assessment comprises of nine phases:
- Identify potential impacts of an organization's decisions and activities, in order to avert and mitigate those impacts.
- Determining relevance and extent of core subjects and issues.
- Assessing an organization's sphere of influence and exercising influence.
- Establishing priorities for addressing issues.
- Building social responsibility into an organization's governance, systems and procedures.
- Communicating on performance and commitments related to Social Responsibility.
- Engaging the stakeholders to resolve their issues, thus creating a transparent environment in the organization.
- Reviewing and improving organization's actions and practices related to social responsibility.
- ISO 26000
- EcoVadis Business Sustainability Ratings
- GRI Standards
Benefits of Becoming a Sustainable Business:
- Improved brand image and competitive advantage
- Increase productivity and reduce costs
- Increase business ability to comply with regulation
- Attract employees and investors
- Reduce waste
- Make shareholders happy