Personal Care and Wellness market in India has experienced significant growth in the recent years, and is set to continue with the growing consumer interest, and need for self-grooming. Personal Care and Wellness services include salons, spa and treatment centres. They have become a one-stop destination for consumers to relax, revitalize and rejuvenate.
Now more than ever, assuring customers of hygiene and safety standards has become a top business priority for salons, spa and treatment centres to drive usage, and growth.
Therefore, ensuring your service facilities are in compliance and adherence to the best practices in safety and hygiene is key for continued business, assurance of quality, and peace of mind for your customers and employees.
We, at TUV India are your partner in this journey to ensure you meet, and exceed the best safety and hygiene practices of the industry for the benefit of your customers, and business.
TUV India is happy to introduce our initiative, We Care – “Safe & Elegant U” to ensure safety and compliance based on MHA & WHO guidelines with the following objectives:
- To assess the service facility for its good hygiene practices.
- To ensure the conformance of approved cosmetics.
- To review the safety conformance of workplace and workstation for employees, clients and visitors.
The scheme for resorts may be different from star category hotels as the scope & area will be different. Similarly for Quick Service Restaurants, cloud kitchens, and café’s the audit can be customized based on activity.
PILLARS FOR THE “WE CARE – SAFE & ELEGANT U” SCHEME
- Personnel Hygiene – Approach for maintaining self-hygiene and sanitization, adequate use and disposal of PPE (Personal Protective Equipments) and conformance of medical fitness of Employees.
- Salon & Spa Hygiene for Safe Operations – Complete facility cleaning, cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, spacing appointments to limit the need of waiting and ensuring social distance.
- Cleaning & Disinfection – Monitor and verify the effectiveness of cleaning, disinfection & sanitization procedures of high touch surfaces, reusable equipment & appliances.
- Training and Awareness – Use and maintenance of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), understanding about health, hygiene and safety policy, emergency procedures.
- Client Care – Ensure the conformance of client duty of care.
- Ensure overall safe and hygiene services
- Enhance trust.
- Increase good will
- Customer Retention.
- Brand Reputation.
- Potential Business Growth.
- Physical inspection of the facility.
- Interview of personnel at business units.
- Documentation verification, example: policies, standard operating procedures for ongoing operations, cleaning verification records, material safety data sheet of chemicals use for treatment and services and plan for emergency situation.
Audit will be conducted Quarterly/ Bi-Annually to ensure conformity to the defined audit criteria.
WHO CAN AVAIL THESE SERVICES
- Spa & Treatment Centres
- Skin Care
- Personal Care Clinics
- Grooming Parlours
- Tattoo Centres
On successful completion of the audit, ”WE CARE” certificate shall be issued.