The Hospitality Industry like Hotels with stay in and dine in facilities, Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) and Catering industries / Cloud kitchens is globally a leading commercial segment and is a target of increasing attention due to its potential to contribute to sustainability and the impact it has in the Environmental, Social and Economic areas.
TUV India would like to play an active role in identifying such risks and providing assurance to the organization and the Health and Safety of the business activity. Effective prevention and control measures in hotels can safeguard the health of the hotel guests, staff, employees and other stakeholders. This scheme is intended to provide practical assessment on the preventive measures for the hospitality industry.
The scheme ‘WE CARE’, is based on HoReCa (Hotels, Restaurants & Cafeteria’s), MHA and FSSAI guidelines;
- To assess the facility for its safety and hygiene practices for guests and staff.
- To ensure conformance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
- To review and verify the control measures.
The scheme for resorts may be different from star category hotels as the scope & area will be different. Similarly for Quick Service Restaurants, cloud kitchens, and café’s the audit can be customized based on activity.
FOUR PILLARS FOR THE WE CARE SCHEME
- Clinical Sanitation – ‘Safe Environmental Cleaning’ for all area with approved chemicals and disinfectants.
- Health, Safety & Compliance – Ensuring safety at every stage for guests/visitors and employees.
- Safe and Hygienic Food – Compliance to food safety and Hygiene laws and regulations
- Sustainability & Contactless Process – Policy on Waste Management, Water and Energy Conservation. Utilizing technology and ensuring contactless procedures for guests.
- Enhance Trust
- Increase Goodwill
- Ensure overall safety and Hygiene
- Enhance customer confidence.
- Potential business growth.
- Brand Reputation
- Physical Inspection of Site Conditions and Infrastructure of all areas of Business Unit under Audit.
- Interview of Personnel at Business Units
- Verification of records being maintained. For example: Revision of SOP, SSOP (Sanitation SOP) and Policies.
Audit will be conducted minimum once in a year to ensure conformity to the defined audit criteria. In case of any adverse findings, need for a re-audit will be reviewed based on the nature of the findings.
WHO CAN AVIAL THESE SERVICES
Hospitality Industry: Hotels with stay in and dine in facilities, Resorts, QSR’s (Quick Service Restaurants) and Catering industries /cloud kitchens.
HOW WILL THESE ASSESSMENTS BE PERFORMED?
TUV India’s auditors have been trained on all the legal and regulatory requirements specific to the hospitality industry and would be domain experts to the industry. They would also be conversant with all the local guidelines prevailing in the state where the facility is located.
All audits would conducted on-site to ensure diligent verification of intent, plan, systems, documentation and evidence of implementation.
On successful completion of the audit, ”WE CARE” certificate shall be issued.