Energy Efficiency - A Journey... Not a destination
Comprehensive energy study identifies the energy consumption patterns and its conservation opportunities. Combination of sectoral expert and sophisticated measuring instrumentation confirms the precise solution for energy conservation.
TUV India is extensively conducting the energy conservation studies to enable the industries to face the escalating energy cost and reduce the energy consumption and build up profit margins in present highly competitive market.
TUV India is empanelled as an Energy Auditing Firm with :
- Accredited Energy Auditor Firms for PAT M&V by BEE
- Maharashtra Energy Development Agency
- Gujarat Energy Development Agency
- Petroleum Conservation Research Association
- Energy Management Centre Kerala
TUV India Energy Team is comprised of BEE Accredited and Certified Energy Auditors.
Benefits of Energy Study
- Reduced energy consumption
- Reduced GHG emissions and hence Carbon Foot Print
- Reduced operating cost
- Structured approach for decision making
- Assisting organization in better usage of their energy resources
- Promote best practices and foster the correct behaviour for energy consumption
- To provide framework for promoting energy efficiency projects
We Offer :
- Comprehensive energy audits for the entire plant / facility (both thermal & electrical)
- PAT (Perform, Achieve and Trade) M&V Audit
- Thermography (Furnaces, Piping, Insulation, Dryers, Boilers, etc.)
- Power Quality Audit (Harmonic Testing)
- Boiler Efficiency Testing as per BS 845, ASME Standard: PTC-4-1 Power Test Code for Steam Generating Units, and IS 8753
- Steam system audit
TUV India's Energy Cell with a corporate mission for independent assessment of energy conservation projects in institutional & Industrial Facilities (in all types of industries – Chemical & Petrochemical, Cement, Tyre, Sugar, Paper, Automobile, Textile & Textile Processing, Foundry, Steel, Engineering Ceramic, Synthetic Fibres, Hotel & Commercial Buildings, etc.), providing expert assessment in the fields of energy, co-generation, biomass energy & process optimization. The industries today are relying on cost cutting to remain in competition. Cost cutting is function of process optimization, which leads to the sustainable growth of industries. The inefficient/ under-utilized or improperly designed systems in the industries increase the specific energy consumption per unit of production and through our activity of energy audit we critically examine the systems for scopes of improvements. Energy efficiency assessment attempts to balance the total energy inputs with its use and serves to identify all the energy streams in the systems and quantifies energy usages according to its discrete function.
In order to explore energy saving possibility, we request you to furnish us the “Energy Enquiry Form” and subsequent discussion with your technical & commercial management to initiate the ENERGY ASSESSMENT study.
Brief introduction about Energy Auditing/Assessment
The challenge of optimization can be met through detailed technical evaluation and screening various plausible options to arrive at the techno-economic solution.The Energy Audit provides the vital information base for overall energy conservation program covering essentially energy utilization analysis and evaluation of energy conservation measures. It aims at:
- Identifying the quality and cost of various energy inputs
- Assessing present pattern of energy consumption in different cost centres of operations
- Relating energy inputs and production output
- Identifying potential areas of thermal and electrical energy economy
- Highlighting wastage’s in major areas
- Fixing of energy saving potential targets for individual cost centres
- Implementation of measures for energy conservation & realization of savings
Possible stages of Energy Audit are as below :
- Collections of data on operational parameters, energy consumption both normal and electrical, coal and power quality etc., through a questionnaire
- Study the existing plant capacities and their performance to assess plant operations
- Study of the specific energy consumption (both thermal and electrical) department-wise and plant as a whole
- Study of the power sources, distribution system and drive controls, load factor and efficiency of large motors, process automations, plant illuminations etc
- Collection of requisite data and analysis and identification of specific areas with potential for conservation of thermal and electrical energy
- Field measurements of operational parameters and carrying out heat and mass balance
- Study of limitations, if any, in the optimal use of thermal and electrical energy
- Discussion with specific recommendations along with broad system concept for conservation of thermal and electrical energy
- Preparation of capital cost estimates and establishing techno-economic feasibility for recommended measures
- No investment and/or marginal investment by doing system improvements and optimization of operations.
- Major investment due to incorporation of modern energy intensive equipment and up gradation of existing equipment
- Formulating tentative time schedule for implementation of the recommendation
- Undertaking broad cost benefit analysis in terms of savings in energy consumption per unit of production and pay-back period
Follow-up with the industry on periodic basis to ascertain the level of implementation of recommendation and assist, if require, in implementation of the measures to achieve energy user efficiency
Detailed Energy Audit:
The detailed audit goes beyond quantitative estimates of costs and savings. It includes engineering recommendations and well-defined project, giving due priorities. Approximately 95% of all energy is accounted for during the detailed audit. The detailed energy audit is conducted after the preliminary energy audit. Sophisticated instrumentation including flow meter, power analyzer flue gas analyzer and scanner etc. are applied to use of compute the energy efficiency.