Food Safety Management Systems
TÜV HELLAS provides certification services of Food Safety Management Systems according to the ISO22000:2005 Standard, accredited by the Greek (Hellenic Accreditation System S.A. - ESYD) and the German (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH. - DAkkS) Accreditation Body.
ISO 22000:2005 is an international standard which defines the requirements of a food safety management system. It was issued by the International Organization for Standardisation (ISO) in 2005 and integrates:
- the HACCP principles
- the requirements of the valid legislation
- the general requirements of the management systems
making up a complete, globally recognized food safety standard.
The standard concerns all organizations involved in the supply chain, including:
- Primary sector (animal feed, plant production) enterprises
- Food Manufacturers (food and animal feed production)
- Storage, Transportation, Wholesale, and Retail companies
- Companies providing supporting services (suppliers of packaging material, equipment, cleaning and sanitation agents, additives, pest- fly control etc.)
The most evident benefits for an organization certified according to ISO22000:2005 include:
- The documented compliance with the relevant National and European legislation
- The decrease of deviations and the detection of faulty practices
- Harmonization with commonly accepted food manufacturing practices
- Readiness for nutritional crisis management
- Strengthening consumers’ feeling of security for the organization and its products
- Continuous quality improvement
- A competitive market benefit
TÜV HELLAS is one of the biggest, most reliable and globally recognized certification bodies in Greece. Its perfectly trained personnel, with a wide range of specialties and great expertise, conducts objective, reliable and trustworthy audits for the certification of food safety management systems. TÜV HELLAS certifications offer added value to the products and services of its clients.