TÜV NORD LUXEMBOURG S.à r.l. was established in December 2011 as a subsidiary of TÜV NORD GROUP. The company resides in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. In the Grand Duchy TÜV NORD LUXEMBOURG S.à r.l. provides all services of TÜV NORD GROUP, complemented by the worldwide network of TÜV NORD.
Core competency of TÜV NORD LUXEMBOURG S.à r.l. lies in the railway technology, particularly in the fields of:
- EC-conformity assessment in regard of EC directive 2008/57/EC on the interoperability of the rail system within the Community in the subsystems Rolling Stock, Infrastructure and Control – Command – Signaling (CCS) and Energy
- Assessment of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) of railway systems, Independent safety assessment due to CENELEC, Assessment of the application of Common Safety Methods (CSM) regarding to Commission Regulation EC No 352/2009
- Assessment of compliance with national requirements in Luxembourg, and – in cooperation with TÜV NORD Companies - in France as well as in Germany - Assessment of cross-border-traffic is performed in attendance
- Analyses concerning material and damages
- Solidity calculations / Strength Analyses
Since June 2012 TÜV NORD LUXEMBOURG S.à r.l. is accredited according to EN 45011 as a body for product certification in the field of railway-interoperability. On that basis TÜV NORD LUXEMBOURG S.à r.l. is notificated by Ministère de l’Economie et du Commerce extérieur as notified body for railway interoperability (organisme notifié) with the number NB 2411.