Pressure Equipment – Notified Body reg. No. 1221
Directive 2014/68/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council harmonises the laws of the Member States relating to making available on the market of pressure equipment. This Directive has been transferred to the Czech legal order by Government Order No. 219/2016 Coll. This order applies to design, production, testing and conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies subject to a maximum allowable pressure PS greater than 0.5 bar.
Pressure equipment includes: vessels, piping, safety & pressure equipment. The assembly is a number of pressure devices assembled by the manufacture as a complete functional unit.
Pressure equipment and assemblies are classified in categories I-IV according to the diagrams (rules) given in Annex II of Government Order No. 219/2016 Coll., according to the ascending level of hazard.
The manufacturer shall choose the appropriate module of conformity assessment (combination of modules) according to the respective category. From the category II, co-operation with Notified Body during conformity assessment is necessary. The individual procedures of conformity assessment (modules) are specified in Annex III of Government Order No. 219/2016. The output is always the EU declaration of conformity (issued by the manufacturer) and the relevant document (certificate) issued by the Notified Body according to the corresponding module of conformity assessment.
TÜV NORD Czech, s.r.o., Notified Body reg. No. 1221 is authorized to carry out the following conformity assessment and related activities:
- Module A2: Internal production control plus supervised pressure equipment checks at random intervals
- Module B: EU-type examination (production type, design type)
- Module C2: Conformity to type based on internal production control plus supervised pressure equipment checks at random intervals
- Module D: Conformity to type based on quality assurance of the production proces
- Module D1: Quality assurance of the production proces
- Module E: Conformity to type based on pressure equipment quality assurance
- Module E1: Quality assurance of final pressure equipment inspection and testing
- Module F: Conformity to type based on pressure equipment verification
- Module G: Conformity based on unit verification
- Module H: Conformity based on full quality assurance
- Module H1: Conformity based on full quality assurance plus design examination
- Assessment and certification of quality management system of manufacturers of pressure equipment according to the requirements of Government Order No. 219/2016 Annex I par. 3.1,
- Examination and certification of procedures for the permanent joining,
- Examination and certification of the personnel undertaking the permanent joining,
- Certification of personnel for testing of permanent joining, approval of NDT personnel as a recognized third party organization (RTPO)
- European approval for pressure equipment material (EAM),
- Verification and certification of manufacturing competency of a manufacturer of metal materials and semi-finished products (specific assessment of a quality system with respect to the manufactured materials) according to Government Order No. 219/2016 Annex I par. 4.3.