Fire protection inspections for buildings are imperative to ensure that buildings are well designed and equipped in the case of fire.
Such inspections assess a building for the following:
- the division of the building into fire compartments,
- the construction of the fire compartment shell,
- all escape plans and routes,
- smoke control,
- all safety and escape signs,
- safety lighting,
- fire detection systems such as smoke alarms or fire alarms,
- fire extinguishing systems such as sprinklers, CO2 extinguishers etc.
The inspections carried out, are based on international regulations, applicable codes and laws (NFPA, VdS, DIN, CEA) as well as European standards e.g. EN 15004-1:2008 ‘Fixed fire fighting systems – Gas extinguishing systems – Part 1: General requirements for planning and installation’.
TÜV CYPRUS in cooperation with TÜV HELLAS, can offer the following services:
- review of the design of the fire protection systems,
- approval of the materials used,
- inspections during construction;
- supervision of the operational tests of the installations.
Our services provide assurance that the proper materials are being used whilst verifying the adequacy and effectiveness of the fire protection systems in the event of fire.
Through our services the safety and protection of personnel and buildings are ensured - a significant advantage for insurance companies.