Automotive Vehicle Inspector Contract Position Available
Job Type: Sub-Contract
About TÜV NORD
Individual career planning and development, exciting challenges and room for creativity is what makes the working environment at TÜV NORD GROUP special. It allows us to provide excellent solutions for people, technology and the environment in more than 70 countries throughout the world. Come and join our team!
TÜV NORD is currently experiencing high growth throughout Canada and have opportunities available for individuals that wish to perform vehicle condition reports on behalf of TÜV NORD.
We are looking for candidates in the following areas: Windsor, London, Kitchener, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Regina, Vancouver, Victoria, Sudbury, Barrie.
We are interested in those who enjoy to work on the road and not behind a desk, who have a love of automobiles, and who would enjoy helping persons and companies (OEM and others) purchase and sell vehicle based on our detailed inspection/condition reports. All of our customers, both retail and wholesale, are purchasing vehicles online and therefore depend on us to provide them with information on these vehicles.
Our reports focus on the interior and exterior condition of the vehicle along with a primary focus on previous accident and previously repaired vehicles. We report on all damages around the vehicle both minor and major (dings, dents, scratches, scuffs, leaks, noises, aftermarket and inoperable items). We also provide a basic mechanical on each vehicle.
If this opportunity interests you, please review the following: We will provide you with all of the tools and training at a low rental fee per file. This is a sub-contractor role and you will have the ability to register yourself as a company. Once trained we will provide you with a software license at no cost to perform all inspections on mobile devices and send wirelessly to our back-end inspection platform.
- Must be organized, responsible, efficient and flexible
- Proven ability to work with technology (computers, tablets, etc.)
- High level of attention to detail is a MUST
- Candidates must have automotive aptitude in the collision and mechanical sides of the automotive business
- Candidates must be customer-service oriented and be able to meet all customer demands
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of this roll: bending, twisting, kneeling, walking, climbing, stretching, lifting up to 40 pounds, and continuously carrying 5 pounds
- A valid driver's license in Ontario and have or are able to obtain minimum insurance liability limits
- Reliable vehicle
- Clean criminal and driving record (1 or 2 minor tickets is acceptable)
Why choose us?
We offer flexible working hours and a variety of training and development opportunities. Examples include internal seminars and the opportunity to expand your range of activities, such as the performance of special inspections.
We look forward to receiving your application indicating the area/city you are interested in and earliest possible start date. The TÜV NORD GROUP is committed to equal opportunities and to promoting diversity among its workforce. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. JobID: 2018TNM8437